IN 1998, KODAK HAD 170,000 EMPLOYEES AND SOLD 85% OF ALL PHOTO PAPER WORLDWIDE.
Within just a few years, their business model disappeared and they went bankrupt.
What happened to Kodak will happen in a lot of industries in the next 10 years – and most people don’t see it coming.
Did you think in 1998 that 3 years later you would never take pictures on paper film again? So as with all exponential technologies, it was a disappointment for a long time, before it became way superior and got mainstream in only a few short years.
It will now happen with Artificial Intelligence, health, autonomous and electric cars, education, 3D printing, agriculture and jobs.
WELCOME TO THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION.
Welcome to the Exponential Age.
Software will disrupt most traditional industries in the next 5-10 years.
Uber is just a software tool, they don’t own any cars, and are now the biggest taxi company in the world.
Airbnb is now the biggest hotel company in the world, although they don’t own any properties.
Artificial Intelligence: Computers become exponentially better in understanding the world.
This year, a computer beat the best Go player in the world, 10 years earlier than expected.
n the US, young lawyers already don’t get jobs. Because of IBM Watson, you can get legal advice (so far for more or less basic stuff) within seconds, with 90% accuracy compared with 70% accuracy when done by humans.
SO IF YOU STUDY LAW, STOP IMMEDIATELY.
There will be 90% less lawyers in the future, only specialists will remain.
Watson already helps nurses diagnosing cancer, 4 times more accurate than human nurses.
Facebook now has a pattern recognition software that can recognize faces better than humans.
In 2030, computers will become more intelligent than humans.
Autonomous CARS: In 2018 the first self-driving cars will appear for the public.
Around 2020, the complete industry will start to be disrupted.
You don’t want to own a car anymore.
You will call a car with your phone, it will show up at your location and drive you to your destination.
You will not need to park it, you only pay for the driven distance and can be productive while driving.
Our kids will never get a driver’s license and will never own a car.
It will change the cities, because we will need 90-95% less cars for that.
We can transform former parking space into parks. 1.2 million people die each year in car accidents worldwide.
We now have one accident every 100,000 km, with autonomous driving that will drop to one accident in 10 million km.That will save a million lives each year.
Most car companies might become bankrupt.
Traditional car companies try the evolutionary approach and just build a better car, while tech companies (Tesla, Apple, Google) will do the revolutionary approach and build a computer on wheels.
I spoke to a lot of engineers from Volkswagen and Audi; they are completely terrified of Tesla.
Insurance companies will have massive trouble because without accidents, the insurance will become 100x cheaper.
Their car insurance business model will disappear.
REAL ESTATE WILL CHANGE.
What happened to the money from the people who died before they ever collected Social Security?
THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH THE
GOVERNMENT’S CALCULATION OF AVAILABLE SOCIAL SECURITY IS THEY FORGOT
TO FIGURE IN THE PEOPLE WHO DIED BEFORE THEY EVER COLLECTED A SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK!!!
WHERE DID THAT MONEY GO?
Remember, not only did you and I contribute to Social Security but your employer did, too. It totaled 15% of your income before taxes. If you averaged only $30K over your working life, that’s close to $220,500. Read that again. Did you see where the Government paid in one single penny?
We are talking about the money you and your employer put in a Government bank to insure you and me that we would have a retirement check from the money we put in, not the Government. Now they are calling the money we put in an entitlement when we reach the age to take it back. If you calculate the future invested value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer’s contribution) at a simple 5% interest (less than what the Government pays on the money that it borrows).After 49 years of working you’d have $892,919.98. If you took out only 3% per year, you’d receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years (until you’re 95 if you retire at age 65) and that’s with no interest paid on that final amount on deposit! If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you’d have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month.
THE FOLKS IN WASHINGTON
HAVE PULLED OFF A BIGGER PONZI SCHEME
THAN BERNIE MADOFF EVER DID!
Entitlement my foot; I paid cash for my social security insurance! Just because they borrowed the money for other government spending, doesn’t make my benefits some kind of charity or handout!! Remember the benefits for members of Congress? + free healthcare, + outrageous retirement packages, + 67 paid holidays, + three weeks paid vacation,+ unlimited paid sick days. Now that’s welfare, and they have the nerve to call my social security retirement payments entitlements? They call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives, and now, when it’s time for us to collect, the government is running out of money. Why did the government borrow from it in the first place? It was supposed to be in a locked box, not part of the general fund.
Sad isn’t it?
The Donald. Interesting read
- Donald John Trump, was born June 14, 1946.
- He will be 70 years old on election day.
- From the Internet, he is 6’2″ or 6’3′ and weighs between 195 and 200 lbs.
- He has a full head of blond/brown hair (which is long and elaborately combed) and blue eyes.
- The Internet tells us he wears a size 12 shoe.
- Donald Trump was born the fourth of five children who were born over eleven years.
- The oldest, Mary Ann, was born in 1937 and is currently a Federal Judge.
- His older brother, Fred Jr, died in early adulthood as a result of complications from alcoholism.
- He has another older sister, Elizabeth and a younger brother, Robert.
- Donald Trump has been married three times.
- Trump’s first wife, Ivana, was an immigrant from Czechoslovakia and a divorcee who has been married 4 times in her life. She is a life long avid skier and worked in design at the Trump Organization.
- Marla Maples, Trump’s second wife is an actress and model
- Trump’s third wife, Melania is an immigrant from Slovenia (born in Yugoslavia) and has been a super model.
- Two of Trump’s children, Donald Jr and Ivanka, have gone to Penn. Son Eric, went to Georgetown.
- Donald Trump tells us that he is Presbyterian.
- Donald Trump does not appear to have had any interest in occults, mysticism or exotic mythologies.
- Donald Trump’s oldest daughter, Ivanka, and her three children are Jewish.
- Trump’s oldest daughter, Ivanka, is married to Jared Kushner who is, among other things, a newspaper publisher. The Kushner family is very successful in New York City area real estate.
- Donald’s grandmother, mother, first wife, and third wife are all immigrants.
- Donald Trump was born and raised in Queens NY
- Though his family was very wealthy, Trump’s boyhood home in the Jamaica Estates section of Queens was not a grand mansion. The Trump home was a larger version of the homes Fred Trump was building for his tenants.
- There are no indications that the Trump family lived among the wealthy elites on vacations or country clubs.
- Queens is the largest of New York’s five boroughs and the most ethnically diverse.
- Trump attended a local private day school, the Kew Forrest School, in Queens until about 8th grade.
- His secondary schooling was at New York Military Academy which is about 60 miles north of NYC in Cornwall on the Hudson. He was the class of 1964.
- Trump was never a “Preppie”.
- Trump never embraced any aspect of the “Hippie” movement of the time.
- Trump was a very good high school athlete – football, soccer, and especially baseball. He had potential to become a professional baseball player.
- Even in high school – Trump liked women and women liked him
- Trump was generally popular in high school.
- Trump’s boarding school room mate liked him.
- He attended Fordham University in NYC for two years and transferred to the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business.
- At that time, the Wharton School offered a rare program for Real Estate Business.
- Though he was of age, Donald Trump did not serve in Vietnam.
- He was not drafted due to bone spurs in his heels (4F) and also student deferments.
- Ultimately, in the draft lottery, he drew a high number.
- By all we know, Donald Trump does not smoke, drink or use recreational drugs. He’ll be the first President in more than 25 years who hasn’t smoked weed.
- BTW: Trump’s children don’t smoke or drink
- Trump makes it well known that he enjoys sexual interaction with women.
- I am unaware that Donald Trump is a recreational gambler.
- His doctor publicly announced Donald to be in excellent health.
I think that to really know Donald Trump, you must know his family background.
The Trump family story is a very American story
Trump family history – concise version. Continue reading
GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
a Christian nation, land of the free and home of the brave.
2016 IS ALMOST HERE
A Nation of Sheep – Breeds a Government of Wolves!
I’M 100% for PASSING THIS ON!!!
Let’s take a stand!!!
Culture: Constitution and the Bill of Rights!!!
Drug Free:Make a drug screen mandatory for any one on welfare and/or food stamps!
NO freebies to Non-Citizens!
We the People are coming
See you on the shiny side of tomorrow
Christmas should be a time of joyous celebration and remembering the reason we have Christmas.
I hear there are some that would like to take the Christ out of Christmas. If that was the case there would be no Christmas because we celebrate the birth of Christ.
If there was no Christ, why do we base our calendar on his birth?
I’m not going to get into a discussion of religion at this time.
I’d like to to tell you a little story about how I was brought up in the great traditions that my home had at Christmas.
I’m sure we all have stories about Christmas as a child.
The one I’m going to tell you now, is one I’d love to relate because this instilled in me the permanent believe in Santa Claus.
Our family never put up our Christmas tree until the children went to bed. That’s when the tree would come out, get decorated and the presents were placed underneath.
After the adults had recovered, they would come and awaken the children and proclaim Santa had been there and had left his goodies.
The excitement was unbearable. I would run as fast as I could to the tree and start ripping the decorative paper off my gifts. Even though I had to pee badly, I wouldn’t stop until all the gifts were unwrapped.
After breakfast we would get dressed and go to church to thank God and Santa Claus for all that had been blessed upon us.
To me Santa Claus was as real as anybody else in my family.
However, when I started school there was this wise ass kid who told me “there is no Santa Claus”.
I was devastated. When I got home, with tears in my eyes, I told my folks.
They assured me there was a Santa Claus and because Christmas was only days away it would be proven to me.
On Christmas Eve, I did as I was expected, and went to bed early and fell asleep dreaming of all the presents that Santa Claus would bring me.
Then in the dead of the night by mother came in my bedroom yelling at the top of her voice “Billy, Billy, hurry get up grandpa has caught Santa Claus”.
I ran as fast as I could with the fog of sleep still in my eyes to the room to where the Christmas tree was located.
There stood my grandfather with a large piece of red felt in his hand. He looked at me and said “Billy I had him but he was too strong. With the help of his Reindeers. he pulled away and this is all I could get, but at least now you know, Santa Claus is real”.
When I returned to school, I beat up the wise ass for lying to me.
To this day “I still believe in Santa Claus”, because I know my grandfather would never lie to me.
Let me update this story. Paul Harvey used to say this is the “Rest of the story:.
Flash forward 60 years
One year a friend came to me and explained that her granddaughter, who had just started school, came home crying that another girl in her kindergarten class told her there was no Santa Claus.
I immediately knew the answer.
The weekend before Christmas I donned my Santa Claus suit, got on my motorcycle and proceeded to the granddaughters house with a bag of presents.
When I entered the living room her eyes got as big as saucers and she was unable to speak.
Monday evening I received a phone call that brought a huge smile to my face
.Apparently, the mother of the girl I had surprised over the weekend got a call from the school explaining she needed to come down immediately.
When the mother went to the school, the teacher explained to her, that her daughter had punched another little girl in the face, giving her a black-eyed.
The mother asked, “What was going on that she would do such a thing”? She’s normally a very peaceful, friendly little girl.
The teacher replied, “I don’t really know, but all I could hear your daughter screening ” You are a liar. There is a Santa Claus and he came to my house and brought me presents. He didn’t come on a sleigh, he came on a motorcycle.
Mom smiled and said she would take care of it and hoped the little girl would be okay.
Now you have the rest of the story. I’m thinking history is repeating itself
See you on the shiny side up tomorrow.
Here we are in my favorite month, December the 12th month of the year.
12 is very close to my heart
- I lost my virginity at 12.
- Got arrested 12 times.
- Went to school for 12yrs.(9 in the third grade).
- My I.Q. is 12.
- Had 12 motorcycles.
- Had 12 wives.(can’t cure stupid)
You’re not suppose to lie this month because Santa is making a list, so I will have to resort to making up the truth.
If you remember the song “The 12 Days of Christmas,” a lot of the verses seem to coincide with my love life.
First day of Christmas was a Partridge in a pear tree.
#1 wife wanted to hang me from a pear tree.
Second day was two turtle doves.
#2 wife had such a rectal cranial inversion(Head up her Butt) I thought she was a turtle.
Third day was three French Hens.
#3 wife thought she was married to a French Gynecologist.
Fourth day was four Colly Birds.
#4 wife had a bird brain calling me all the time at the bar, interfering with my drinking.
Fifth day was five gold rings.
By the time I got to #5 wife I realized I still owed money on 5 Gold rings.
Sixth day was six Geese a Laying.
Caught #6 wife laying six guys from Greece.
Seventh day was seven Swans-a Swimming.
I caught #7 wife swimming naked with the seven Schwan food delivery men.
Eighth day was eight Maids-a-Milking.
#8 wife made it a point to milk me out of anything I had left.
Ninth day was nine Ladies dancing;
#9 wife caught me with 9 topless ladies dancing at $10 a dance.
Tenth day was ten Lords-a Leaping’
#10 wife. I caught her with 10 Lords leaping on her.
Eleventh day was eleven Pipers Piping.
#11 wife ran off with 11 Pipers in a rock band.
Twelfth day was twelve Drummers Drumming.
#12 wife drummed enough sense into my head that “I won’t do that again.”
I still love Christmas more than any other day. We get to be nice and generous to people we don’t even know.
I get to wear my Santa hat and put bells on my boots, and nobody calls the cockoo nest.
If you decide to do this , don’t say “Want some candy canes little girl?” or we might see you on Dateline.
I did stop saying HO!HO!HO! After a request for $50 was made by a lady on a street corner.
No matter how you feel about the rest of the year you have to like the Holidays.
Remember to make a resolution on New Years day. I make one every year and have never broken it. My resolution is not to make any resolutions.
A little hint for the holidays:
We always get unwanted guests who won’t leave. My friend gave me the remedy. When you run out of beer, give him some money and the keys to your truck and ask him to make a beer run. After he leaves call the cops and report your truck stolen
Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a GREAT NEW YEAR
See you on the shiny side of tomorrow
When Obama was running for office I became concerned about what his policies were.
He wanted to transform America.
Personally I thought the only thing that needed to be transformed was Washington DC.
I started writing about his do-nothing incompetency.
Then I read this letter and my mind changed so I had to repost it.
Quit Bashing Obama! by COL. ROBERT F. CUNNINGHAM and PATRICK RISHOR, The Gilmer Mirror (Northeast Texas Newspaper)
1.First President to be photographed smoking a joint.
2. First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
3. First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.
4. First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States
5. First President to violate the War Powers Act.
6. First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
7. First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.
8. First President to spend a trillion dollars on “shovel-ready” jobs when there was no such thing as “shovel-ready” jobs.
9. First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
10. First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.
11. First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.
12. First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
13. First President to tell a CEO of a major corporation (Chrysler) to resign.
14. First President to terminate America’s ability to put a man in space.
15. First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer and to say that America is no longer a Christian nation.
16. First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
17. First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
18. First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke out on the reasons for their rate increases.
19. First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state it is allowed to locate a factory.
20. First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).
21. First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.
22. First President to actively try to bankrupt an American industry (coal).
23. First President to fire an inspector general of AmeriCorps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
24. First President to appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his office.
25. First President to surround himself with radical left wing anarchists.
26. First President to golf more than 150 separate times in his five years in office.
27. First President to hide his birth, medical, educational and travel records.
28. First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.
29. First President to go on multiple “global apology tours” and concurrent “insult our friends” tours.
30. First President to go on over 17 lavish vacations, in addition to date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends paid for by the taxpayers.
31. First President to have personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.
32. First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense.
33. First President to fly in a personal trainer from Chicago at least once a week at taxpayer expense.
34. First President to repeat the Quran and tell us the early morning call of the Azan (Islamic call to worship) is the most beautiful sound on earth.
35. First President to side with a foreign nation over one of the American 50 states (Mexico vs Arizona).
36. First President to tell the military men and women that they should pay for their own private insurance because they “volunteered to go to war and knew the consequences.”
37.Then he was the First President to tell the members of the military that THEY were UNPATRIOTIC for balking at the last suggestion.
I feel much better now. I had been under the impression he hadn’t been doing ANYTHING.
See you on the shiny side up tomorrow.
I think all sports fans will get a kick out of this letter written to the Chicago Tribune. No matter which side you are on in the matter of renaming the Washington Redskins, this is funny. This guy is hilarious…
Here is an e-mail sent to Clarence Page of the Chicago Tribune after an article he published concerning a name change for the Washington Redskins.
Dear Mr. Page: I agree with our Native American population. I am highly insulted by the racially charged name of the Washington Redskins. One might argue that to name a professional football team after Native Americans would exalt them as fine warriors, but nay, nay. We must be careful not to offend, and in the spirit of political correctness and courtesy, we must move forward.
Let’s ditch the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves and the Cleveland Indians. If your shorts are in a wad because of the reference the name Redskins makes to skin color, then we need to get rid of the Cleveland Browns.
The Carolina Panthers obviously were named to keep the memory of militant Blacks from the 60’s alive. Gone. It’s offensive to us white folk.
The New York Yankees offend the Southern population. Do you see a team named for the Confederacy? No! There is no room for any reference to that tragic war that cost this country so many young men’s lives.
I am also offended by the blatant references to the Catholic religion among our sports team names. Totally inappropriate to have the New Orleans Saints, the Los Angeles Angels or the San Diego Padres.
Then there are the team names that glorify criminals who raped and pillaged. We are talking about the horrible Oakland Raiders, the Minnesota Vikings, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Pittsburgh Pirates!
Now, let us address those teams that clearly send the wrong message to our children. The San Diego Chargers promote irresponsible fighting or even spending habits. Wrong message to our children.
The New York Giants and the San Francisco Giants promote obesity, a growing childhood epidemic. Wrong message to our children.
The Cincinnati Reds promote downers/barbiturates. Wrong message to our children.
The Milwaukee Brewers. Well that goes without saying. Wrong message to our children.
So, there you go. We need to support any legislation that comes out to rectify this travesty, because the government will likely become involved with this issue, as they should. Just the kind of thing the do-nothing Congress loves.
As a die-hard Oregon State fan, my wife and I, with all of this in mind, suggest it might also make some sense to change the name of the Oregon State women’s athletic teams to something other than “the Beavers (especially when they play Southern California. Do we really want the Trojans sticking it to the Beavers???)
I always love your articles and I generally agree with them. As for the Redskins name I would suggest they change the name to the “Foreskins” to better represent their community, paying tribute to the dick heads in Congress.
Rudolph C. Shepard